Health and Safety at Work
Epping Forest District Council is responsible for the enforcement of Health and Safety at Work matters in offices, shops, warehouses and many other business premises throughout the district. Health and Safety at Work in factories, workshops and on building sites is the responsibility of the Health and Safety Executive.
- We may visit any commercial premises in the District where we have responsibility for health and safety, to ensure they comply with the law and provide safe access to visitors.
- We investigate notified accidents at work to see what went wrong and prevent them happening again
- We investigate notified cases of industrial illness to ensure precautions are taken to prevent them happening to other people
- We investigate all complaints of poor safety practices from any source
- We offer free and unbiased advice to employers, employees or members of the public on health and safety issues
The HSE produces a wide range of leaflets and other publications which are free to download from their website. Just go to the HSE web page linked above and search for the topic that is of interest to you, or go to the dedicated HSE Books webpage at www.hsebooks.co.uk
HSE Books, PO Box 1999, Sudbury, Suffolk, CO10 2WA
Telephone: 01787 881165
If you have a complaint which you wish to make directly to the HEALTH and SAFETY EXECUTIVE (HSE) then please use the following link to their Complaints page http://www.hse.gov.uk/contact/index.htm