Report Workplace Accident


Reporting a Workplace Accident



The Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 1995 (RIDDOR) place a duty on employers, the self-employed and those in control of premises to report certain types of accidents, diseases and incidents.


These are:

  • Deaths 
  • Major injuries
  • ‘Over 7 day injuries’ – where a person is unable to return to work because of an injury or illness sustained during a work activity
  • Injuries to members of the public, resulting from the work activity, where they are taken to hospital
  • Work related diseases 
  • Dangerous Occurrences – where something happens which could have resulted in a reportable injury

The Health and Safety Executive have set up an Incident Contact Centre (ICC) which deals with the reporting of all accidents, whichever the enforcing authority. If you need to report an incident under any of the above categories, or think you might, you should contact them, initially by telephone, to report it and for further advice. You can also fill in the report form on their website.

ICC contacts
Telephone: 0845 300 9923
Internet: or via the HSE website:
Fax: 0845 300 9924
Post: Incident Contact Centre, Caerphilly Business Park, Caerphilly CF83 3GG

The ICC is open between 08.30 and 17.00 Monday to Friday

Phone Contact us....

Telephone: 01992 564608

Or you can write to us at:
Public Health Team, Environment & Street Scene, Epping Forest District Council,,  Epping, Essex CM16 4BZ


LinksRelated Links


Read itRead it...

Read itRead it...