Tuck IN to a better takeaway
Tuck IN is an Essex-wide campaign, working alongside independent local takeaways, cafes, restaurants and sandwich bars. It aims to reduce salt, sugar and saturated fat in foods by changing how foods are selected, prepared and served to ‘make food better’ and encourage positive lifestyle choices.
Although these changes are small, they can have a huge impact on the health of customers, especially if these foods are consumed regularly.
By making the pledge to Tuck IN, businesses will be provided with free access to an online nutrition training course for a member of their staff and provide customers with a wider choice of foods.
For customers wishing to Tuck IN to better food, just look for the purple Tuck IN sign in the shop window.
Businesses currently signed up to Tuck IN
- Sprays Bakeries, Queens Road Buckhurst Hill
- Rock and Roe, Loughton Way, Buckhurst Hill
- Sprays Bakeries, Lambourne Road, Chigwell
- Sprays Bakeries, High Road, Loughton
- Nick's Fish Bar – Pyrles Lane, Loughton
- Elkaz Taverna & Restaurant - The Broadway, Loughton
- Perfect Choice - Borders Lane, Loughton
- Perfect Choice - 20 St Peters Avenue, Ongar
- Anchor Fish and Chips, High Street, Ongar
- Peggottys, High Street, Ongar
- Three Colts, Princes Road, Buckhurst Hill
Further outlets to be added.
The Public Health Team are looking to sign up new business to the campaign and help promote local business as well as widening the opportunities for residents of Epping Forest District to have access to better food so that they can Tuck IN.
If you would like to know more about Tuck IN please contact the Public Health Team by emailing them at firstname.lastname@example.org