Street Collection Licence


To collect money or sell articles for the benefit of charitable or other purposes in England or Wales, you require a street collection permit from your local council.


Eligibility Criteria

No provision in the legislation.


Regulation Summary

A summary of the regulation relating to this licence - go to Office of Public Sector Information (OPSI) website.


Application Evaluation Process

No provision in the legislation.


Will Tacit Consent Apply?

Yes. This means that you will be able to act as though your application is granted if you have not heard from the local authority by the end of the target completion period of 30 workings days.


Apply OnlineEULogo

Apply online to run a charitable collection


Failed Application Redress

Please contact your Local Authority in the first instance.


Licence Holder Redress

Please contact your Local Authority in the first instance.



No fee is required for a street collection permit.


Consumer Complaint

We would always advise that in the event of a complaint the first contact is made with the trader by you - preferably in the form of a letter (with proof of delivery).  If that has not worked, if you are located in the UK, Advice Guide will give you advice.  From outside the UK contact the UK European Consumer Centre

Any person who wishes to appeal against a decision to close a zoo may apply to the local magistrates' court or, in Scotland, to the Sheriff.  Appeals must be made within 28 days of the notice of the local authority decision.


Other Redress

For example, about noise, pollution, etc. Also should one licence holder complain about another.



Phone Contact us....

Telephone: 01992 564034
Fax: 01992 561016

Or you can write to us at:
Licensing Team, Neighbourhoods Directorate, Epping Forest District Council, Civic Offices, High Street, ,  Epping , Essex CM16 4BZ

Click here for full contact information