Epping Forest Green Lanes Local Wildlife Site Project
As part of our commitment to National Indicator 197 (Biodiversity and Local Wildlife Sites) Countrycare chose a suite of sites to target: the District's wonderful 'green lanes'.
Essex has the second highest number of green lanes in the country and in this District we have a number that are hugely important both for recreation, wildlife and their landscape value.
Below are a list if Green Lane Local Wildlife Sites we have worked on:
- Cannons Green Lane, Fyfield - LoWS (EPFW120)
- Stewards Green Lane, Epping - LoWS (EPFW094)
- Elm Cottage Green Lane, Berners Roding - LoWS (EPFW102)
- Blackcat Lane, Fyfield - LoWS (EPFW094)
- North Lane, Moreton - LoWS (EPFW119)
- Featherbed Lane, Lambourne - LoWS (EPFW054)
- Lucas Lane, Willingale - LoWS (EPFW106)
- Pensons Lane, Ongar - LoWS (EPFW087)
- Windmill Green Lane, Willingale - LoWS (EPFW104)
- Hardy's Plantation/Roots Spring Green Lane, Berners Roding - LoWS (EPFW109)
- Coleman's Lane, Stanford Rivers - LoWS (EPFW118)
You can find out more about these sites by using the links on the right-hand side of this page.