North Weald Airfield
- Airfield Status : Airfield open until 18:00 Z
- Date: 25/04/2018
- Runway in use : 20 RH
- Surface wind: 260/08
- Visibility: 9999
- Cloudbase: BKN 011
- QNH: 1011
- QFE: 1000
- Fire Cover: Cat 1
- Contact Tower for up to date details 01992 524740
- Grass runway 02/20 CLOSED
- Mode S equipped aircraft intending to enter the TMZ outside the North Weald Area of Operation must use Mode C (ALT) at all times. In all other cases for operations in the TMZ outside the North Weald Area of Operation, the pilot must contact Farnborough North on 132.800 during operational hours (or Essex Radar on 120.625 at other times) well before reaching the TMZ boundary and negotiate TMZ transit. Once in contact with North Weald Radio, squawk 7010 with Mode C if available.
- Right base joins for Runway 02 and left base joins for Runway 20 into the established circuit pattern when the circuit is active and the carrying out of orbits in the circuit are not permitted. The standard circuit should be joined crosswind or downwind as appropriate, and if necessary the aircraft should go around if spacing is too tight.
- Aircraft having to go around are to fly the runway heading and re-join the circuit at the appropriate height. Early left / right turns into the downwind leg are not permitted to allow sufficient height and speed to be gained to ensure maximum authority of flying controls.
North Weald Airfield is an operational airfield owned and operated by Epping Forest District Council. The airfield was a key fighter base during the Battle of Britain, you can discover more about the airfield's history and current operation on these pages. The airfield is also the site of the North Weald Airfield Museum, at the former main entrance.
- Free compost giveaway
- RAF Freedom of District motion to be put to Council
- New Police airbase to be built at North Weald
- Chairman celebrates district's attractions
- Remember, remember, stay safe on 5 November