Community Health and Wellbeing
The Council’s Community Health and Wellbeing Team provides a programme of community events, activities, courses, classes and projects throughout the district in order to promote healthy lifestyles (see menu on right hand side for more information). The Council’s Community Health and Wellbeing Team’s aim is to encourage and increase participation in sport, physical activity, play and to promote health and wellbeing opportunities for all ages and abilities. We also aim to enable all sections of the community to have access to a wide range of high quality sports, leisure and health and wellbeing services.
Good health and wellbeing is about the mind as well as the body. Feeling physically fit, and feeling good about ourselves, means that we can go and achieve more of the things we want to do in life. Staying in good health is important to all of us, and can become particularly important in later years. The best way to stay physically and mentally healthy is by learning how to take care of ourselves, and knowing when we should reach out for help and support.
In this section you can find out about the services Epping Forest District Council’s Community Health and Wellbeing Team provide in terms of health and wellbeing. There are also links to many different organisations and service providers relating to health and Wellbeing.
Links to websites/further information:
- Download the Lifestyle Essex Mobile App on App Store for information on local health and wellbeing services
- The NHS Choices website has lots of useful information and ideas on exercise.
- Frontline is a community project that helps the public and frontline workers; Quickly find details on local health and wellbeing services
- Playing a sport can be a fun way to do some exercise, get fit and healthy, and meet other people. Active Essex have a Sport and Activity Finder which allows you to search for a wide range of sports facilities, clubs, and venues in your area.
- Helping you stay happy and healthy, and providing information about the costs of care, and health support in Essex at Living Well Essex.
- Healthwatch Essex is an independent voice for the people of Essex. We gather and represent your views about health and care services in the county to help improve them.
- The Change4Life website provides lots of information and suggestions on exercise and activities for people of all ages and abilities, and helps you to search for activities in your area.
- One You is here to help you get back to a healthier you, supporting you to make simple changes towards a longer and happier life. One You provides tools, support and encouragement every step of the way, to help improve your health right away. You are not alone – One You can help you make small changes yourself, or with friends and family.
- Get Inspired is all about promoting healthy lifestyle through sports and fitness activities suitable for all ages and abilities.