Housing Benefit is an important means-tested benefit for people on low incomes which helps them to pay their rent, this can be rent paid to a council, housing association or a private landlord. The rules are set by the government and the benefit itself is administered by local councils.

  • Help with rent for people of working age may be provided through Universal Credit instead of Housing Benefit. Please see our Universal Credit section to see if you need to claim Housing Benefit or Universal Credit

Local Council Tax Support is a scheme that is locally run in order to help support people on a low income pay their Council Tax Liability. Please see our Local Council Tax Support section for further information.

Report a change in circumstances online

Claim Housing Benefit or Local Council Tax Support using our online form

All evidence linked to any claim or change can be either sent by post to the below address, taken to the Benefits Counter at the Civic Offices, or emailed to Benefits. Benefits staff are available at the Limes Centre on Wednesdays to provide any assistance required.


 News about BenefitsNews about Benefits


Phone Contact us....


Please telephone 01992 564156/564157 and select one of the following options

  1. For a general enquiry
  2. For a specific enquiry about your claim with the Surname A-K
  3. For a specific enquiry about your claim with the Surname L-Z

Email: Benefits

Or you can write to us at:
Benefits Division, Civic Offices, High Street, Epping, Essex, CM16 4BZ

Apply for it... 

Report it....



Read it

Related Links