Building control

Building control ensures that all new buildings are structurally safe and provide a healthy environment, as well as meeting the needs for energy conservation and access for disabled people. In most cases you will not only require planning approval to begin building work, but are also likely to require building regulation approval.

The regulations also apply to certain changes of use of existing buildings. You may also need approval from the council if the work you want to do involves building over a sewer or a drain. Please contact us to discuss specific requirements.

Find a registered electrician - A register of electricians belonging to the various CPS schemes.

General guidance - For general advice, guidance and information in easy to understand formats


NewsBuilding Control News 




Phone Contact us....

Telephone: 01992 564141

Or you can write to us, or visit our reception desk (open Monday-Friday 9am-1pm) at:
Building Control, Epping Forest District Council, Civic Offices, High Street,  Epping, Essex CM16 4BZ


SearchSearch for Building Regulations applications

Report itReport a dangerous structure

ApplyApply for Building Regulations approval

SiteRequest a site inspection

You can request site inspections in 2 ways

  1. Call 01992 564141 during office hours
  2. Use our online form to request a site inspection

We cannot inspect a site unless a valid application has been submitted.

Related links