Building Control application forms and fees

To apply for Building Regulations an application form must be submitted, and an appropriate charge is to be paid.  The charges vary according to the type of application submitted and the extent of the work to be carried out.

Full Plans submission will be required where the building work is to be carried out on non-domestic buildings.

Full Plans submission will be required where:

  1. Domestic extensions are proposed unless it can be shown on the drainage plans submitted that the work does not require an agreement with Thames Water Authority.
  2. Any new dwelling(s) proposed will be fronting a private road.

Either a Full Plans Application or Building Notice application may be made for all other domestic work.

Application for a Regularisation Certificate may be made for building work previously carried out where no Building Regulation application has been made.

Following the legal status of drains since 1st Oct 2011, please contact Thames Water Utility for further information. http://www.thameswater.co.uk/.


Completed Forms should be sent (with payment and required documentation) to:

Epping Forest District Council
Building Control applications
Civic Offices
323 High Street
Essex CM16 4BZ


Powered by Phoca Download

SearchSearch for Building Regulations applications

Report itReport a dangerous structure

ApplyApply for Building Regulations approval

SiteRequest a site inspection

You can request site inspections in 2 ways

  1. Call 01992 564141 during office hours
  2. Use our online form to request a site inspection

We cannot inspect a site unless a valid application has been submitted.

Related links