Tenant Participation is a way for tenants and the Council to share information, ideas and improve the standard of housing conditions and services.
Successful participation benefits both tenants and the Council. It gives tenants an opportunity to be involved in decisions about the housing service they receive. It also gives the Council better links to the community and the opportunity to engage in partnership working.
By getting involved you will...
- Have a real say in the way the housing services, such as repairs, estate improvements and service quality are delivered
- Help your council make decisions that affect the services you receive
- Work together with other tenants to make friends and inform us about issues that affect you
- Always know what is happening in your area
- Help to improve the quality of life for everyone in your area
- Help to attract outside funding for projects in your area
- Help to raise your area profile
What is available for you to get involved in?
- The Tenant and Leaseholders Panel
- Residents Associations
- The Leaseholder Association
- The Sheltered Housing Forum
- Various focus groups, polls, mystery shopping tasks and much more
Is there a Residents Group already set up in your area?
There are new groups starting all the time.
To find out if there is a Residents Group in your area please take a look at the Residents Associations page or alternatively contact the Tenant Participation Officer:
By email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone on 07801 597204 / 01992 564524
What if there is nothing in your area yet?
If you would like to start your own Residents Association or group we would be delighted to support you. We will help you to set up a group, will be on-hand to provide advice and can even help you to access funding.
For more information please read our regular Tenants Voice page in our Housing News Tenant Newsletter.