- Rockingham Castle Victorian Christmas
- New Horizons! Events
Forever Active Day Trip
Cost £46.50 (2 course lunch included)
• At 11am we arrive at Rockingham Castle which was instructed to be built by William the Conqueror. We will have our complimentary tea, coffee and warmed mince pie to get you in the Christmas spirit
• The group will then be split and taken on a private tour by the entertaining costumed guides through the decorated Castle. Whether it is the butler, governess or housekeeper, they all have their story to impart to you as they transport you back to the year 1849. The servants have prepared the sweetmeats, polished the silver and lit all the fires for a cosy journey through time.
• At 13.30 we will have our two course Christmas lunch with all the trimmings.
• After lunch you will have ample time to visit the church, shop, ice house, gardens & grounds
• We depart for home at around 16:00
* For the lunch we just need to know if you would prefer Roast English turkey with pigs in blanket and stuffing or Winter Veg nut roast (both served with roast potatoes and seasonal veg and if you want Sherry fruit trifle or Christmas pudding with Brandy Sauce and tea or coffee. Please tell us if you have any special dietary requirements e.g. Gluten free, diary free, as these will be catered for separately
Coach Pick Up Points to be confirmed by e-mail nearer the time of the trip
- Buckhurst Hill, Russell Rd Bus Stop By The Pond and St John’s Church
- Loughton, Bus Stop outside Morrison’s
- Loughton, Bus Stop outside Homebase.
- Epping, Bus Stop outside St Johns Church.
- North Weald, Bus Stop opposite the Library
Book online here
Or call Community Services on 01992 564226 (Monday to Friday 10am-4pm)
EventList powered by schlu.net